Perhaps foolishly, I decided to enter the Scalefour Society's Armchair Modeller Challenge and build three of the ex-Barnum & Bailey wagons. I've added a file that tells the story.
- Vehicles are riding high – the wheels are too large.
- Proportions of fittings on van ends are in error – miscalculation from scaling from photos.
- Buffer heads on the van are incorrect.
- Some lettering badly placed.
- Brake gear arrangements (no levers visible in photos of the van)
- Bolsters on wagon 1
- Arrangement of load securing chains
- Arrangement at rear of buffer beams
If you can see any things that I have got wrong, or if you can answer any of the questions, please let me know.